Spectrum Shield: Safety with Law Enforcement
“To Keep you Safe you need to Keep the Officers Safe”
The Los Angeles Speech and Language Therapy Center and D.O.P.E. (De-escalating Officer Patrol Encounters), offer an intense 3 day, 2 night program to train young adults with ASD how to safely interact with law enforcement. Law enforcement officers also become familiar with the range of behaviors and characteristics associated with autism.
The overall objective of Spectrum Shield is to promote trust, greater awareness, and create a positive dialogue to ensure the safety of all children when interacting with law enforcement regardless of race, zip code, ability or disability.
- 18 years +
- Moderate to high functioning
- Demonstrating moderate independence in the community (i.e. takes public transportation, drives, enrolled in community or other college program, employed part/full time)
- Weekend training at a beautiful 5-acre ranch just north of Los Angeles
- Led by Dr. Pamela Wiley and Retired LT. Stan Campbell
- Law enforcement from various agencies assist with training
Please take a moment to look at our video.
Fill out the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.