“We believe: Autism is a Label. It doesn’t define your potential”
Transitioning from high school to the adult world can be quite daunting for those with Autism. Research shows that young adults with ASD have worse employment outcomes and earn lower wages the first three years after high school than young adults with other disabilities.
Workplace Social Skills and Employment Readiness Program
Our Employment Readiness program serves a diverse group of students with a vast array of interests. Initially, students receive intense workplace social-skills training and on-site job training in our UPS, Outback Steakhouse and CVS Training Center. Upon successful completion students are placed in customized internships or job-shadow opportunities of their choice. Tailored placements such as these provide our students an opportunity to practice their “dream jobs” in a safe setting without the risk of failure or long-term commitment. This approach opens their eyes to the infinite number of employment opportunities available while providing them the social skills and confidence needed to attain and retain employment in an area of interest to them. The final phase of our program culminates in assisting our students secure meaningful paid employment.
- 18+ years
- Moderate to high functioning ASD or other diagnoses
- Adequate receptive and expressive language skills to process information, converse with others using age appropriate language.
- Able to self regulate emotions, behavior, and function relatively independently
- Targets the social skills needed to navigate effectively in the workplace
- Taught by licensed Speech-Language Pathologists
- 16 hours a month of instruction
- Onsite UPS Store Training Center (Hyperlink to individual page, Connect with Wiley Center website)
- Onsite Outback Steakhouse Training Center (Hyperlink to individual page, Connect with Wiley Center website)
- Coming Soon onsite CVS Training Center (Hyperlink to individual page, Connect with Wiley Center website)
- Meaningful on/off site internships
- Meaningful employment consistent with students unique interests and skill sets
Please take a look at our videos to see our Employment Readiness students working in action:
Fill out the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.