LA Speech and Language Therapy Center is committed to keeping our families, clients and staff safe from COVID-19. While we continue to remain open for virtual speech therapy and other services, we understand that a number of our clients would prefer to continue their services in person. For that reason, we’ve instituted the following safety protocols.
- All parents and caregivers not seeking services are asked not to enter the building. Please call when you arrive. Your therapist will meet you at the door wearing a mask. Please make sure that you and your child are wearing a mask.
- Your child’s temperature will be taken upon entry to the building. Staff will also have their temperature taken at the start of the work day.
- While we are not allowing parents and caregivers in the building, you can observe your child’s session via Zoom. Details will be provided when you book your appointment.
- Staff and children must wear a face mask & shield during all therapy sessions.
- Each therapy room has a plexi glass sneeze guard shield to ensure further protection.
- The child may be asked to remove the mask at certain points during therapy but will remain behind the face shield and plexi glass shield at all times.
- All surfaces and toys will be disinfected after each therapy session.
- Our staff will also participate in Covid-19 testing sponsored by LA Speech on a monthly basis. We are pleased to make this service available to our families upon request.
We ask that if you or your child have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or are experiencing any of the following symptoms, please do not come in:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Please remember, LA Speech is still offering virtual services as an option for our families. We look forward to serving you!